Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Reason for Writing; Celebrating the Trials!!

Celebrating the trials of life....is like taking one big stumble and trying with all your might to go forward.

Anything is possible, but at the time, it one hard and challenging experience, but if you don't get back up, you'd be in an even greater predicament!

I don't even want to think where I'd be if; and in anybodies life there are challenges of varying degrees and a mountain of "what if's"

So, what if;

We weren't governed by a great and merciful God

What if;  as a very small child my family stayed in Lumby rather than coming through the hills on route to Vancouver on a Greyhound Bus
What if; we hadn't stayed with relatives for a period of time upon our arrival
What if; once settled, I hadn't had a run in with a car that would ultimately change my life and those around me forever
What if; my brother wasn't mentally delayed; who would he be today
What if; because of my disability, we didn't have to move again to make things a "little" more accessible
What if; my life wasn't rocked again, when "because situations in the classroom" I was thought to have a mental disturbance
What if; that hadn't forced me to be pushed back a year; looked down upon because my age group didn't understand all the "whys" as I didn't either
What if; that didn't changed my perception of school
What if; I really took school seriously and studied, who would I have become
What if; I didn't wander after high school by plane, train and automobile
What if; I didn't think and try to harm myself; multiple ways and multiple times; like intentionally j-walking across a major street and getting hit by a city bus
What if; though I worked long and hard hours, I didn't stay out even later, didn't get home or didn't even sleep for a few nights in a row
What if; depression didn't hunt me down
What if; that didn't force me to relocate
What if; I didn't finally meet someone so much me
What if; we never had children
What if one of our children didn't have severe disabilities, more severe than our own
What if; we stop trying to beat the odds

WHAT IF;





No comments:

Post a Comment