Thursday, March 14, 2013

MY SISTER - MY BEST FRIEND



Hi my name is Ellie-Marie

And this is daddy and my sister Emily


She is my best Friend,
But she has got something called “special needs.”

Cerebral Palsy and Hydrocephalus 

The doctors knew about it before she was even born

So she was born in a special hospital
BC Children’s Hospital

But to me, she is fine---she is just “my sister” who can’t walk yet!


See the size of her head
She was born with something called; Hydrocephalus 
That means the fluid in her brain does not flow quite right

She needed a shunt to fix the problem when she was 4 months old
The operation worked, but did not fix it the problem

Emily will have hydrocephalus for the rest of her life

which means operations called revisions to fix her shunt. Her first revision was at 23 months of age July 2012.



Did I say she is my best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment